What Do I Need To Do If I Am Moving Abroad
Moving abroad is a big step so to help you along the way, we have provided a checklist of some of the things you need to consider before you move. Our aim at Movingboom.com is to help you with the information you need so that your move goes as smoothly as possible.
Here are a few key things that you need to know if you are moving abroad.
- Visa Requirements - Make sure you understand and meet the visa requirements in your new country of residence.
- Property - Decide if you will be buying or renting a property.
- Tax - What are the tax requirements that you need to adhere to if you are going to work in your new country of residence.
- House & Assetts - Decide what you are going to do with your property and assets in your old country of residence.
- Pets - Make arrangements to transport your pets when you are moving to your new country of residence.
- Removals - Get quotes from removals companies to see how much it will cost to move your belongings to your new country of residence.
- Insurance - Cancel/move or get new insurance policies so that they comply with living in a new country.
- Driving - Make sure that you take the tests required and apply for a licence that is valid in your new country of residence.
- Banking - Apply for a bank account and transfer funds into this. Close any old accounts that you no longer require.
- Utilities - Arrange for disconnection of utilities in your old country and apply for connection in your new country of residence.
- Internet and mobile - Arrange for disconnection in your old country and apply for services in your new country of residence.
- Authorities - Update all the relevant authorities of your plans to move and ensure you have the correct residence status in your new country.
We hope that our checklist helps you with a few things that you need to consider when moving abroad. Always use an independant international solicitor if you are purchasing a property overseas so that you are fully protected and comply with local laws in your new country of residence.